Saturday, September 10, 2011

My First Great Cigar



(Robustojoe) My quest for cigar knowledge began with my first two cigars. One was very good (a Cuban I was told), and the other very bad (also supposedly a Cuban). This led me to wonder what makes one cigar better than another. As a layperson, I always believed a Cuban cigar was the best, so then how could I have smoked a “bad Cuban?” It didn’t take long to find an abundance of internet articles about counterfeit Cuban cigars, and this really spurred my curiosity. With Cuban cigars as a starting point I was led through the world of growing, blending, rolling, and selling not only Cuban cigars and tobacco, but cigars from all over the world. Reading all this material was exhilarating, intimidating, and endlessly fascinating. I was determined to find out what made a cigar great. Continued

No comments: