Thursday, June 18, 2015

Tea and Tobacco: A Pairing Guide

 

(Smokingpipes.com) If you have a spare moment, go and search "Gungfu ceremony." The leaves being prepared are different, but there's some commonality there too. Much like our everyday ritual of preparing and smoking a pipe, the Gongfu ceremony serves both to aid in proper preparation and to ease the drinker into a proper mindset to enjoy the tea.
As both an avid tea drinker and pipe smoker, I've been known to practice a combination of the two rituals; a practice which must vex my wife horribly, as when you add them together, plus the time it takes to grab some photos, and the time spent enjoying the pipe, my afternoon smoke-and-tea break can take as long as a couple of hours.
While I'm not suggesting you take up this habit yourself (okay, I am), in this article I will quickly outline the different types of tea and tobaccos which I think pair well with them. Continued

No comments: