Monday, January 7, 2013

Relax with Edgeworth Sliced Tobacco


"Gum Party" by Shiori Matsumoto (via Lamarde)
(PfP) It may not be Balkan Sobranie, Three Nuns, or one of the Cottons, but Edgeworth Slices sure has its fans. I’ve run across several tins of the Liggett and Myers version over the years, and when I’ve given it to a friend who I know loves burleys, the gratitude is almost overwhelming.
This is the only full tin of the original version I’ve seen, however. I was thrilled to get it. I love the tin art. And, much to my surprise, I love the tobacco, too.
Larus and Brother, the Richmond, Virginia-based originators of the tobacco, went out of business in 1974. Although one sees the Larus tins for sale with some regularity, a full tin is a rarity. A tin with smokeable tobacco inside is rarer, still, because the tins relied on a cellophane wrapper, not on a seal. Continued

No comments: