Saturday, October 17, 2020

Another County Heard From: The Haunting, first impressions

Courtesy of Taboo Tees
(Firecured) In honor of the return of  The Haunting (10/20), I'm republishing my last year's review. I just smoked a few bowls of this the other day and my first impressions still stand.

The tin note is modest, but good, reminding me of sticking my nose into a pack of Chesterfields when I was a kid. Back then, nothing had a better smell than Chesterfields, except perhaps, Eight O’Clock Coffee at the A&P.
The tobacco itself, blended by Reeves of C&D with the aid of Warped Cigars Kyle Gellis, is a ribbon, light and dark: Virginia and Criollo. The charring light and first few puffs seem unremarkable, but then it gets interesting. I can’t seem to pick out the component parts, they are evenly yoked and pulling together, producing a taste that I can only call Tobacco. Much like in Native American mythology where you have a coyote – a scruffy doglike creature that lives just about anywhere, and you have Coyote – the supernatural embodiment of all coyotes. It’s not tobacco, it’s Tobacco: rich and balanced. I wish I’d bought more.

No comments: