Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Another County Heard From: ZYN Coffee Nicotine Pouches


(Firecured) One of the fun things about editing a blog like this is getting to see all the new products out there. A lot of them get trendy for awhile, and then settle into a little niche. A few years ago it was snus, now its nicotine pouches. I wasn't all that interested in nicotine pouches as I really like the taste of tobacco, plain, blended, or flavored, so why go with something else. I was also wary from my vaping experience: Vaping gives me a headache, much like decaf coffee. But then Berg, of BergsDipReviews fame, did a segment on ZYN and I got interested. 

I got a tin of the Coffee 3mg variety and dove in. It's not bad, sort of tastes like Maxwell House International Coffees. It's o.k., though it won't be replacing my favorite snus or dip anytime soon. But then I had a thought: How does it taste with coffee? (Am I a genius or what!) And the answer is pretty darn good. As an habitual coffee drinker, I don't always enjoy having my coffee interrupted by wintergreen dip, it just doesn't mesh well. I tried the ZYN with a cup of drip and with a frappuccino, and they were both a seamless fit - really nice. The pouch is comfortable and non-obtrusive, though it takes on the texture of a flat tadpole after awhile. It didn't gross me out, but that's the image that came to mind.

My recommendation: If you like flavored instant coffee or creamers, you have a great standalone product here. If you like a morning dip with your coffee, then you're also good to go. Otherwise, I'd try a can before buying a sleeve. 

No comments: