Wednesday, April 22, 2015

The Growing Fascination with Dark-Fired Kentucky Tobacco

 

(Talking Tobacco) When I introduced BlackHouse in 2011, it included a small amount of dark-fired Kentucky. It was only the second blend that I had made with it, and I always treated it (and still do) as a condimental tobacco. I knew of Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky and Peter Heinrich’s Dark Strong Flake as being fairly stout in their dark-fired content, and that Peterson’s Irish Flake had quite a bit, too. While I liked these blends, It never occurred to me to try to make anything quite that strong. Since that time, though, a number of new blends have hit the market with robust amounts of dark-fired, such as GL Pease’ Jackknife Plug and Mac Baren’s HH Old Dark Fired and HH Bold Kentucky. Continued

No comments: