Friday, February 13, 2015

McConnel Ripe Honeydew Review

 

(Smoking Jacket) ... While the description of the blend saying it has “a touch of honey”, I didn’t really detect any honey in the tin (jar) note, nor in the subsequent smoke. It did have a pleasant, grassy note, with a sweetness that may have been the topping but wasn’t coming through as honey to me; it smelled very much like I would expect a Virginia to smell.
The smoking experience with this blend was very consistent over time and from pipe to pipe, which I’ll describe in a moment. I would add here that another review I had read commented that the “honeydew” in the name doesn’t refer to the flavoring but to the old term for a sweet, simple Virginia tobacco and I affirm his statement, both by experience and researching the comment. Continued

No comments: