Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Hidden Treasures (Captain’s Den in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan)

 

(Smoking Jacket) Nestled in a neat little corner at the Safeway entrance of the Market Mall at 2325 Preston Avenue in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan is a neat little tobacco and gift shop called Captain’s Den.
When I first entered, the charming and pretty cashier and the assortment of games and gifts, as well as the seeming lack of any tobacco products made me wonder if I had walked into a tobacco store at all.  However, Kaitlyn, as I learned her name assured me that I was in the right place, and that the mirrored shelves behind the counter hid a number of great humidors and pipe tobaccos.
Apparently, since the Captain’s Den is open to minors, adult products, such as tobacco must be hidden from view, but Kaitlyn was more than happy to show us around their selection of Cuban and non-Cuban cigars at reasonable prices.  Well, reasonable prices for Canada anyway. Continued

No comments: