Sunday, September 14, 2014

Wessex Tobacco Dreams

 

(Smokingpipes.com) Certainly you have heard of pipe dreams, but what of tobacco dreams?
It has become a ritual for me, once a week, to wander down to the warehouse and do a little tobacco shopping. Typically, I will grab a few tins of my perennial favorite but with such a wonderful selection available to, it's only natural that in addition to my "usual," I pick out something new to try. I don't have to tell you this, but every now and then, one of those new blends has a profound effect and ends up claiming a spot in the regular rotation.
Some time ago I made the trip downstairs to the warehouse and grabbed a few tins of McConnell’s Scottish Flake, one of my standbys. Looking around for something new, I noticed the Wessex shelf and remembered Josh mentioning to me that he really enjoyed Wessex Brown Virginia flake. I have loved many blends from Wessex, but the BVF was one that I somehow overlooked. "Why not?", I thought while adding a tin to my stack. I paid for the tobacco and rushed home to crack open the experimental tin.
This is where things get a bit hazy. Continued

No comments: