Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Boswell's Christmas Cookie Tobacco


Boswell's "Christmas Cookie" Tobacco is a holiday favorite for many pipe smokers, indeed some enjoy it year round. I have been putting off trying this blend for some time, having had quite a few bad aromatics in the past. Turns out, this is a pretty good blend. It smells great in the bag, much like a vanilla Christmas Cookie, same goes for the room note. As for the actual smoking, well, it doesn't taste like cookies to me, but it does taste like a quality sweet Cavendish. I was pleasantly surprised to see that it didn't gunk up my pipe. If you prefer sugared tobacco, or just like the occasional break from your usual Balkan/English/etc., this one is a must try. You can order Christmas Cookie directly from Boswell's in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania (uh, sorry about that whole burning thing, back in '64), though I got mine from my local tobacconist, Main Street Cigar, just outside of Bel Air, Maryland.

No comments: