Sunday, August 22, 2010

Quesada Tributo Julio Cigars: Great Filler


I will never be a champion cigar lighter. I should probably buy one of those blast-furnace lighters dedicated to cigars only, but I never get around to it, preferring to struggle along on an assortment of Bics.
So it didn't come as a surprise to me, when I managed to get the entire center of my Quesada Tributo Julio (5 x 50) cigar lit without igniting the binder or wrapper at all. It tasted pretty good that way, but I had to go and light the whole thing, and wonder of wonders, I didn't like it anymore. I don't know if it was the "Honduran Ligero" binder or the "Hybrid Ecuador HCHS (Habano 2000, Corojo, Habano Vuelta Arriba & Sumatra)" wrapper, but it didn't agree with me one bit. I smoked the whole thing, just to make sure I didn't like it. Again, the filler, "Dominican & Nicaraguan Ligeros," was great. If I ever happen upon another one, I guess I'll just empty it into my pipe.

No comments: