Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Cu Avana Toro Cigars


Says the CigarCyclopedia, Cu Avana, "A Cigar Boom brand resurrected from the dead by Meier & Dutch in 2006, this blend is made by MATASA. It offers a mild-to-medium-bodied flavor with a choice of a Dominican-grown, Connecticut-seed or Connecticut maduro wrapper in boxes of 20."
I tried the toro, with a Connecticut-seed wrapper (binder and filler are Dominican), and liked it well enough. The cigar has a mild taste, leaving a light dose of something sharp on the tongue when exhaling. It contrasts well with a sweet drink. Cu Avana's are priced to sell and worth a try regardless.
On finishing my sample, I said, "I wouldn't mind another one of those." Right now?," Kim asked. "Yeah, right now," I said. It reminded me of Oscar Wilde on cigarettes, "A cigarette is the perfect type of a perfect pleasure. It is exquisite, and it leaves one unsatisfied. What more can one want?"

No comments: