Monday, June 14, 2010

Tobacco Beetles!


I feel so unclean. I was selecting a cigar to go with a movie (San Francisco, with Clark Gable, Jeanette McDonald, Spencer Tracy, 1936), when I spotted a tobacco beetle traipsing up the inside lid of my humidor. I immediately squished it and started pulling out the cigars. I found another beetle in the bottom. So I put all the cigars from the humidor into plastic bags and chucked them in the freezer. Then I vacuumed out the humidor with a dust-buster. It's a good thing I have two humidors or I'd be up the creek without a smoke.
I can't say where the beetles came from, there were around a dozen different brands of cigars in there, from several different retailers, bought over an extended period of time. They could have come from anywhere.
The only good thing to come out of this was that it gave me an excuse to throw out some cigars that I had purchased rashly and didn't want to admit that I wasn't ever going to smoke.



No comments: